in Brass, Dark Bronze, and Aluminum for Concrete Floors Hinged 4''
Cover (1/4'' Thick) for Duplex
Box Cover Brass, Dark Bronze, and Aluminum for Concrete
Floors but for Decora
Box Cover Floor Box for
Telephone, for Concrete
Floors in Brass, Dark Bronze and Aluminum
1. For wood floors
a. Using a 4” hole saw, cut the flooring to a depth equal to the thickness of the cast
flange and cover assembly being used on the floor box.
b. Center a 3.5” hole saw in the 4” opening and cut through all remaining layers of flooring.
This will create a lip for the flange of the box to rest on.
c. Remove the cover assembly and wiring device from the floor box.
d. Dropbox body into the opening and secure using #6 wood screws (not provided) through
the countersunk slots in the cast flange and into the underlying wood.
e. After wiring and installing electrical or communication devices to the floor box and ground
screw (if applicable), replace the cover plate assembly using #8/32 x ½” screws provided.
f. If an uneven cut was made into the flooring, goof rings (TCP-GR1) can be used in conjunction
with the original cover assembly or oversized covers (TCP series) can be used in place of the
original cover assembly.
g. For carpeted areas, use SCF-1 placed on top of the floor box (cover assembly removed first),
then insert the cover assembly into the carpet flange. Use 1.25” longer screws provided through
the cover assembly and that will affix to the floor box.
h. For tile applications, order part #812 (box body only) and a TCP-style cover. Follow steps a-d
above. After wiring in step e, install the mounting plate and gasket, then place the TCP style plate
on top of the floor and use #8/32 X ¾” screws provided.
2. For concrete floors
a. Not recommended for new construction as no concrete cap is provided and this is a nonadjustable box.
b. Core out 4 ¼” into concrete as deep as needed to accommodate the height of the box and the ability to
affix conduit from underneath.
c. Backfill concrete if necessary to close gaps in the floor.
d. Follow steps c-h above.
Please read our policy for refinishing floor box covers
Thank you for your interest in refinishing your floor box cover in one of our Arnev Products, Inc. custom finishes. For the protection of your cover, we ask that you follow these instructions.
1. We ask that you send the COVERS ONLY. Floor box covers generally come lacquer coated. To refinish the floor box covers, the lacquer must be removed, and this is done by soaking the covers in a strong chemical. Any non-metallic parts that may be attached to the cover, including gaskets or electrical devices, receptacles, low voltage housings, etc., will be dissolved with the lacquer as well. This is why we insist that only floor box covers be sent for refinishing. If the cover or receptacle cannot be removed from the floor box, we cannot soak off the lacquer and refinish the cover. Also, no plastic-type covers are accepted. We are NOT responsible for the box itself, gaskets, or devices, so please keep all the other parts to the assembly, take off the cover, and send only the cover.
2. Please package any exterior screws (screws that will be visible after the box is installed) with the cover so these can be finished to match the box. Make sure they are secure so they don't get lost or scratch the cover in transit.
3. Custom colors are run in batches. Consequently, the finishing time can vary depending on the schedule for the batch of the custom color you have chosen. However, as we need only the cover, the floor box itself can be installed by your electrician to maintain your building or remodeling schedule.
4. You have been advised by one of our customer service representatives that the custom finishes are approved for LOW TRAFFIC AREAS ONLY. Should you decide to install the floor boxes with our finished in HIGH TRAFFIC AREAS, any finishing 1-year limited warranty is void. In addition, if you should decide to apply any protective finish (lacquer, polyurethane, etc.) OVER our custom finish, the finishing 1-year limited warranty is void.
5. If you approve the enclosed sample and agree to the instructions above, please sign and return the top portion of this page. You may keep the bottom portion for your records.
If you follow these instructions, we are confident that you will love your custom floor box covers and enjoy them for years to come.
I approve of sample number______________________________ and agree to these instructions.