Choose a New Color Template color or colors from the images below
These color templates go behind the clear glass and in front of the Screwgard gaskets.
You will need a Screwgard gasket when using the color templates, which you must have.
NEW SCREWGARD INVENTION is now available FOR CLEAR AND MIRRORED GLASS in many configurations for an EASY INSTALLATION for painting the gaskets or using the Screwgard gasket with a mirrored switch plate to get that as close to the back of the wall as possible. Remember, glass is flat on the backsides, and the Screwgard gasket will get the glass switch plate (mirrored, clear, or frosted) as far back to the wall as possible.
How to install using the new Screwgard Gasket.
1. First remove the blue plastic film by peeling a corner, and pulling it off. The blue film is to protect the paintable side to keep it clean before you paint that side of the Screwgard gasket.
2. You can use spray paint with several light coats, and let it dry in between coats. Or, brush on the paint, and latex paint is the easiest to work with for a brushing application, and again, several light coats.
3. Then after the paint is thoroughly dried on the painted side of the Screwgard gasket, place the gasket in the back of the glass switch, so you can see the color through the glass. No painting of the glass is needed with this gasket.
4. If you are using a color template, which is a cutout piece of colored card stock, cut to the exact configuration as the glass switch plate cover, and available in many colors. This is to eliminate all painting required.
5. Then place all two or three pieces together (Glass switch plate & painted Screwgard gasket, or if using a color template, put the Glass switch plate, the color template in the back, and then the Screwgard gasket, and then carefully place them onto the electrical receptacle, and insert the screws supplied through the glass switch plate front, and very carefully tighten the screws to the receptacle, but do not OVER-TIGHTEN the screws to the receptacle in the wall. This is glass, so tighten gently. It’s easy.
If you are having problems with installation, we have all the configurations available now. You can call 800-260-1181.