AP-OB-1-SP & AP-OB-1-SH INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
*****IMPORTANT! READ BELOW BEFORE INSTALLATION*****
To ensure compliance with local electric codes, please contact your local electrical inspector before the Installation of the AP-OB-1 series boxes. Do not install AP-OB-1-SP & AP-OB-1-SH before electrical inspector authorization. Installation should only be done by licensed electrical contractors. All power must be turned off at its source before installation (failure to do so will result in injury or death). Also, the AP-OB-1-SP & AP-OB-1-SH must be connected to a dedicated GFCI Circuit Breaker with the power off (failure
to do so will result in injury or death). **Arnev Products, Inc. and the manufacturer accepts no responsibility if the above conditions are not met**
1. The AP-OB-1 series boxes are designed for concrete, brick patio paver, tile, and similar types of flooring. It is designed for outdoor or indoor use. It is not designed for wood floors or decks or similar types of flooring with a depth of 4" or greater. **When used as an outdoor box, the AP-OB-1 must be installed in a concrete pour. This means that even if the installation is going into a brick paver layout, the AP-OB-1 must be installed in concrete. Failure to follow this step will void the IP66 rating and can cause injury or death.
2. Carefully choose the desired location of the outdoor box. Please note that the outdoor box has an IP66 rating when it is closed. The AP-OB-1 series is not designed to be submerged underwater.
3. The AP-OB-1 series includes an extension ring that measures 3 1/16". Put PVC glue (not included) on the slotted perimeter of the extension ring and place it on the outer box. After the glue has set, apply an additional application of outdoor approved silicone around the perimeter of the seam where the extension ring and the outer box are joined. Finish by wrapping electric tape around the perimeter of the seam where the extension ring and the outer box are joined.
4. Affix the concrete cap onto the extension ring using duct tape (not included). Place the "outer box", extension ring, and concrete cover cap in the desired installation location. The total height is 6 1/8" with the extension ring. If the pour is greater than this height, affix the unit to woodblocks/boards to achieve the desired height. the overall height of the box and the extension ring must be greater than the height of the finished floor.
5. Affix conduit where necessary by removing the punch-out knockout with a screwdriver. Fasten the wires with a water-tight lock nut and gasket (not included). **seal off all unused punch-out openings with outdoor approved silicone. Failure to do so will void the IP66 rating and can cause injury or death.
6. Pour the concrete
7. After the concrete is poured and set, remove the duct tape and the concrete cover cap and dispose of it.
8. Cut off the excess portion of the extension ring that is sticking above the level of the finished pour.
9. Please see the wiring diagram for proper wire installation.
10. Once the wiring is completed, attach the "Inner Box" to the "Outer Box" using the four 2 1/2" long screws (provided).
11. Turn the power on. Test the weather-resistant tamper-proof GFI weekly to assure that the device is working properly. For further info, please call 630-665-2075 x1 for manufacturers' customer service………Thank you, Arnev Products, Inc.